I recently had to head to the hospital for surgery, and I packed up a travel altar so that I could continue practicing even while I was away from home. As you can see I brought...
- My silver pentacle necklace.
- My tiny besom that I made.
- The handfasting cord from our wedding.
- A seashell to represent water.
- A container filled with soil from my witch's garden to represent earth.
- A blue jay feather my wife found to represent air.
- A candle to represent fire.
I celebrated the new moon away from home, and it was nice to have some of my tools with me. My practice doesn't require them; all I need is quiet and solitude to practice. However they made me feel more at home during a stressful time.